Cape Town producer, DJ and owner of Cosher recording studios, Colin Sher (Cosher) was invited to be a producing songwriter at last years BMI songwriting camp in partnership with Music Exchange (MEX).
BMI (similar to SAMRO in South Africa) is the largest music rights organization in the U.S. and bridges the gap between songwriters and the businesses and organizations that want to play their music publicly. BMI represents nearly 13 million musical works created and owned by more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. Since 2016, the Music Exchange Entertainment Indaba (MEX17), has partnered with BMI and attracted various writing creatives for a five-day emersion and creative boot camp.
The camp was hosted in Camps Bay at the South Beach Luxury Hotel. There were 7 songwriters who were invited from around the globe who stayed at the hotel while a further 4 other songwriters joined for 2 day stints.
The 7 songwriters including Colin Sher, were:
– Amanda Black from South Africa (3 times SAMA winner)
– Christian Wright from the U.K. (Abbey Road engineer)
– Jan Klose from USA (Grammy nominated singer songwriter)
– Alicia Madison from USA (Top EDM singer songwriter)
– Tony Grund from USA (Producer / DJ and lecturer at SAE in New York)
– Marcela Arciniegas from Columbia (Producer with many U.K. top charting tracks)
Check out the Behind Scenes Video